Lazy BBQ Chicken (Super Healthy Too)! VIDEO

Have you ever cooked food in parchment paper? I praise the day the technique was invented. I've been using it for years to cook fish, vegetables, tofu, and more. It's a life saving approach to cooking for lazy cooks like myself, especially on those weekday nights when you need a meal you can easily get on the table in 30 minutes or less and which requires ZERO clean up. And I'm not talking about recipes only an experienced chef could make in 30 minutes, but will actually take the home cook an hour and a half. I mean a true 30 minutes flat for even the most novice of cooks.

I make this low fat, high protein BBQ chicken parchment paper recipe every week. It's so simple, it's a stretch to even call it a recipe. There are only 2 ingredients and what you're left with is incredibly moist and juicy chicken smothered in your favorite BBQ sauce.

Watch this quick how-to video and you'll see why you can almost always find this chicken in my fridge, ready to be served for lunch, dinner or even a high-protein afternoon snack.

Comments

1. Kelly

July 3, 2014 at 9:49 am

Amazing! I had chicken that had to be cooked today with not much in the pantry and no time to shop. I thought I would just cook it now and eat it later. It looked so good I had to try a piece, and then another. Much better than the PB&J I was planning on for lunch. This will easily be a weekly menu item in my house!

2. Julia

March 24, 2014 at 2:21 pm

I have no sound available to me to watch this video and cannot tell how long it takes or how hot the toaster oven should be to cook the chicken. Can you please post it for me? Thank you!!

3. Aria

February 15, 2014 at 8:59 am

Can you put this in an oven too? What would I need to do?

4. Nicole low

January 24, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Like to subscribe ;)

5. Dallas

January 16, 2014 at 10:41 pm

I tried this recipe tonight and it was so easy, moist, and delicious. Thank you. I will add this to my list of regular recipes to use.

6. Kate Ramos

January 12, 2014 at 11:39 am

So simple, love it! In a moment of temporary insanity I bought a GALLON of BBQ sauce, so I’m constantly on the look out for what to do with it. :)

7. Gaby

January 10, 2014 at 3:21 pm

you are a genius!! digging this like whoa. Perf for nights when I’m too lazy and Thomas needs some dinner :)

8. Kimberly T.

January 9, 2014 at 10:16 am

Love this idea! Thank you!!

9. Sara

January 8, 2014 at 6:36 pm

Hi. Just made this tonight and the whole family loved it (husband, 3 year old and 16 months). It was ridiculously easy. Can you use the same recipe for fish (i.e. salmon) and if so, what temperature and how long should you cook the fish? Thank you!

10. Lori DeLude

January 8, 2014 at 3:13 pm

Any thoughts on including potatoes or veggies in the packet?

11. jane maynard

January 8, 2014 at 12:47 pm

we made this last night and it was simple, easy and delicious. thank you!

12. Alexandra

January 8, 2014 at 10:16 am

So excited to see you using Stubb’s bbq sauce. It’s the only high quality sauce I can find here in Switzerland at the supermarket. Glad to see that you obviously approve of it too.
    Happy New Year!

13. Michelle

January 8, 2014 at 6:18 am

Definitely goign to try this recipe! And keep those “lazy” recipes coming! Working mom with a hungry hubby and two kids so I’ll take all the lazy ones I can get! Thanks so much for all your great recipes!!!

14. Romaine

January 8, 2014 at 5:05 am

Looks easy and delicious! And everybody give her a break on the raw chicken… This is a recipe not a ‘you have to do exactly what I do’ advise! Also if you watch carefully she touches the raw chicken with the right hand and eats the cooked one with the left!

15. Jennifer Favara

January 7, 2014 at 11:40 pm

Omg…I was obsessing over that too, lol!!! The chicken looked delicious though…can’t wait to try it! :)

16. Sharee

January 7, 2014 at 8:37 pm

This looks great and VERY easy. Definitely going to try — with 3-4 chicken breasts… Do you pack each separate in their own sealed parchment paper pouch or can you just use one pouch for all 4?
    Would love some lazy bean recipes. Completely inexperienced cooking/eating beans and want to make some for vegetarian dinners.

17. Jenna

January 7, 2014 at 6:32 pm

Yum! I will be making this tonight!

18. Ora M. Roberts

January 7, 2014 at 6:12 pm

Can I use bone-in chicken with similar results?

• Catherine McCord

January 8, 2014 at 10:38 am

Yes! It will take about 5-10 minutes longer to cook.

19. JB

January 7, 2014 at 5:39 pm

Loving this, can you do this with dry rubs, or just sauces? Either way I think I’ll be making this in the near future!

20. Tracy

January 7, 2014 at 4:42 pm

Looks so easy, thanks! If you put 3-4 breasts in the packet, do you need to increase the cooking time?

• Catherine McCord

January 7, 2014 at 5:45 pm

Nope! I’ve done that and it takes about the same amount of time!

21. Jessica

January 7, 2014 at 4:37 pm

What a genious recipe! and I love the “Lazy Recipe” name!… I am looking forward for more lazy recipe. Can we use Fish Fillet too?

22. Danie

January 7, 2014 at 3:14 pm

I do the same thing using aluminum foil always comes out nice and juicy! I also using it to line all my pans when I cook makes clean up a snap just toss it away and your done :) but for baked goods i use parchment paper to line my pans