Do you have dreams of enjoying creamy, delicious risotto but without any of the hassle? This Multi Cooker 15 Minute Spring Risotto is your new dream come true!
I just got the new Pampered Chef Deluxe Multi Cooker and I’m OBSESSED to say the least. It really helps you step up your recipe game in many more ways than one. I’ve had (and loved!) the Pampered Chef Quick Cooker for years, but decided to upgrade to the Multi Cooker because of all of the versatile features packed into one small kitchen appliance.
Pressure cook, slow cook, sear or sauté and even sous vide with just the push of a button. The amount of recipes you can create in minutes is truly magical with the Multi Cooker. It even has settings to make homemade yogurt, cook rice and sear meats and veggies. You get amazing results without all the effort. The best!
I wanted to make a Spring Risotto recipe because one of my kids’ favorite dishes anytime we go out to eat at an Italian restaurant is risotto. The only issue is I feel like risotto can be intimidating to make at home. Getting the right texture can be difficult, and it’s usually pretty laborious having to constantly stir, stir and stir it some more. BUT the Pampered Chef Multi Cooker takes away all of those problems! This risotto was ready in only 15 minutes! No exaggeration. You just set the cooker to sear for 5 minutes and then pressure cook for 10 minutes, and let it do its thing! No stirring required.
The best thing about this Spring Risotto recipe too is that you can customize it to your taste. If peas aren’t your thing, you could add mushrooms, asparagus or even leaks. Any springtime veggies will do. Get creative and have fun with it!
This dish can be a meal on its own since it’s so rich and filling, but it also pairs really well as a side with chicken or even salmon. Try out Lemon Herb Chicken, Air Fryer Roast Chicken, Simple Broiled Salmon or Air Fryer Salmon if you’re looking for some recipes to go along with this. Sauté some Grilled Lemon Asparagus to go along with it too and you’ve got a perfect springtime dinner ready in no time!
Let me know what you think of this recipe if you make it by tagging me on social media!
Multi Cooker 15 Minute Spring Risotto
- 1 tablespoono olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Arborio rice, rinsed in a strainer
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (Pinot Grigio works great)
- 4 cups (or 32 ounce box) low sodium chicken broth (you can also use vegetarian stock)
- 3/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 cup frozen peas, defrosted
- freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chives, finely chopped
- Turn Pampered Chef Multi Cooker knob to sear setting and press to select. Turn the wheel to the time clock setting for 5 minutes and press select. Turn the blinking thermometer to medium and press and hold to start the cooking cycle.
- Add the olive oil and butter to the Multi Cooker and allow the butter to melt as it preheats. Add the onions and salt and sauté, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes or until the onions start to turn translucent.
- Add the rice and stir to evenly coat each grain with the butter mixture.
- Pour in the wine and stir allowing the rice to absorb the liquid, about 2 minutes.
- Pour in the chicken broth, cover and lock the top and turn the wheel to the custom setting and the wheel to 10 minutes and press the knob to start.
- Press the step release button on the top of the PC Multi Cooker and when all of steam is released, about 1 minute, unlock the lid.
- Stir in the peas, 1/2 cup parmesan cheese and pepper.
- Divide risotto between bowls and top with chives and additional parmesan cheese to taste.
- Make sure to have all ingredients prepped to make cooking even faster
- You can use a wide array of spring vegetables in this risotto. Here’s how to do it:
- 1 cup chopped raw asparagus to add in step 7.
- 1 cup sliced white, shiitake or baby portobello mushrooms in step 2 with the onions.
- 1 cup thinly sliced leeks (the white and light green part only) in step 2.