Thick and chewy bagels just call to me! They’re such a comfort food for my family – especially when we get our favorites from the farmers market. I always set out a platter of bagels and a jar of whipped cream cheese when we have people over for breakfast or brunch as its a quick and easy option. Lately I have been setting up an entire bagel station with tons of toppings so everyone can make their favorite combination. Watch this video for topping ideas, and leave me a comment below telling me your favorite way to enjoy a bagel!
Once I got to photographing this recipe, I had even more ideas so the photo you see has 11 bagels instead of just 8!
P.S. Do you like your bagels toasted or un-toasted?!
Photos by Matt Armendariz
Bagels 8 Ways
- favorite bagels
- almond or peanut butter with sliced bananas
- almond or peanut butter with shredded coconut and mini chocolate chips
- jam with chia seeds
- cream cheese with sliced cucumbers and sun-dried tomatoes
- cream cheese with sliced green and black olives
- hummus with sliced tomatoes
- sliced avocado with chili flakes
- quince paste with sliced cheese (provolone, manchego, or swiss)
- cream cheese with smoked salmon and chives
- mayo with sliced hard boiled eggs
- ricotta cheese with honey and walnuts
- Slice the bagels in half lengthwise and toast or leave un-toasted.
- Top with your desired accompaniments or set out several options and let everyone make their own favorite.