Corn is such a versatile food. Not only is it amazing on the cob, when it’s added to purees, it has a creamy, starchy quality. The corn in this puree gives it not only a sweet taste, but also a creamy texture.
This recipe can be prepared in minutes and it makes 12 baby servings, so there’s plenty to freeze. Since it has a protein, vegetable and starch it’s a great option when you need to feed baby on the go and don’t feel like lugging three different containers with you.
Corn can be hard to digest, especially for immature tummies. I wouldn’t consider this the best option for a first food, but I’ve been giving this recipe to Kenya since he was 10 months old and he’s never had a problem. By pureeing the mixture, it’s easier to digest. Chicken, Corn and Cauliflower baby food is a great choice for getting your baby into eating lots of healthy foods!
Chicken, Corn and Cauliflower Purée
- 1 Chicken Breast, boneless and skinless
- 1/2 Cup cauliflower
- 1 Cup Corn, fresh cut off the cob or frozen
- Place the chicken in a steamer pot over boiling water for 4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower to the pot and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the corn and continue to cook for 2 minutes or until all the ingredients are cooked through and fork tender.
- Place ingredients in a food processor and puree. You may need to add some of the water from the pot to make smooth.
- Cool and serve.