When I first moved to Los Angeles, several of my friends were regulars at Chin Chin restaurant, which is famous for its chinese chicken salad. One bite of this crisp, crunchy, fresh salad and you’ll immediately understand why it’s so darn popular.
I’m always trying to think of recipes that our entire family can eat together (this is yet another one of my tips for getting your little ones to eat since they love to have what mommy and daddy are having) and this one is a winner in my house. This is one of those dishes that Kenya better eat quick or Mommy and Daddy are definitely going to get to it first.
Steaming the chicken breast is the most complicated part — this recipe couldn’t be easier. The salad is packed with vitamin packed veggies and the dressing is almost creamy. You would never imagine a toddler eating “salad,” but trust me, this will change their minds.
Chinese Chicken Salad
- 1 Chicken Breast
- 1 Large Carrot, peeled and sliced into thin coins
- 1 head Napa Cabbage, chopped
- 1/2 Cup Red Bell Pepper, sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 2 Tsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon Braggs or Soy Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 tablespoon veganaise or mayonaise
- 2 tablespoons oil