This is one of the first purees that I made for the kids when they were babies and they both always ate it with sheer delight. Funnily enough, they still love it now. Why buy pre-packaged apple sauce at the grocery when you can quickly make this naturally sweet and healthy version.
The pear and cinnamon make this more than just a puree. Whether you serve it for breakfast, in school lunch or even as a quick snack, this Pear Apple Butter is a good one no matter what your age!
Pear Apple Butter
- 1 gala, pink lady, or fuji apple, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 ripe d’anjou or red pear, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes *
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Place apple in steamer pot over boiling water and cook for 3 minutes.
- Place apples, pears and cinnamon in food processor and puree until smooth.
- * If pears are firm/hard, you can steam them for 3 minutes with the apples