Fish Tacos

fish-tacos.jpg

My husband didn't start eating tacos until he was in college. He told me that the just the word "taco" used to make him ill when he was a kid because the only tacos he knew were the ones they served in his school's lunchroom: a hard shell that tasted like cardboard, greasy Sloppy Joe mix, wilted lettuce, soggy tomatoes and cold cheese. When he finally had a real Mexican taco in college, he said he couldn't believe how delicious the real thing was.

I don't know why fish tacos remind me of summer time, but they do. Maybe it's because they seem lighter than chicken or beef tacos. All I do know is that it makes me hungry just thinking about all the fresh flavors like ripe tomato, fresh onion and fragrant cilantro all on top of cumin seasoned fish.

This is a fantastic and extremely healthy recipe to serve to a crowd by the pool or at the beach because it's easy to double or triple the ingredients to suit your needs and I find that people love building their own tacos. Especially kids. Kenya is the master of building a taco from the tortilla up. I guarantee if you let kids add their own accompaniments and even roll them up like a taquito, they will be a fun meal and activity all in one!

Fish Tacos  (Serves 4)

• 1 pound fish (use a flaky white fish such as tilapia, halibut, or snapper)
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon cumin
  • 1 tablespoon olive oil
  • juice of 1 lime
  • 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
  • 4-8 corn tortillas (depending on how full you make them)

1. 1. Sprinkle the salt and cumin onto the fish.
  2. 2. Heat 1 tbsp olive oil in a large size pan over medium/high heat.
  3. 3. Cook the fish for 2-4 minutes on each side until cooked through and flaky.
  4. 4. Place the fish on a plate, flake with a fork into chucks and squeeze with lime juice and cilantro. Toss to coat.
  5. 5. Place 1/4 portion of the fish in each tortilla and top with
  6. accompaniments.
  8. * If you want to serve the tacos warm, place the tortillas in a
  9. microwave between several pieces of moist paper towel for several
  10. seconds or wrap in foil and place in a 350 oven for several minutes.

Accompaniments: Guacamol-Wee, Sour Cream, Salsa and/or Lettuce

Fish Tacos

Comments

1. Melissa

January 5, 2013 at 9:51 pm

Amazing

2. Jade

May 3, 2012 at 11:02 pm

I have always loved tacos, but the idea of fish tacos has always made me queasy. After seeing this, I think I could possibly give it a go! Thank you

3. plymouth aquarium coupons

October 5, 2011 at 4:55 am

Pretty nice post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really loved surfing around your weblog posts. After all I will be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write once more soon!

4. Dani

March 20, 2011 at 8:15 pm

Just made these for dinner tonight and they were amazing! The whole crew had seconds.
    I just love this website!!!

5. Heather

September 8, 2010 at 8:58 pm

This is awesome!!!!!!!! Don’t add too much salt.

• Richard

February 4, 2014 at 12:34 am

Gary & Kaye Frye – We are Grandma and Grandpa to our Grandaughter Denalli in S. Dak.!! I should say Great Grandaughter!! We don’t get to see her very often but she is aprcihong 4 years old and sharp as a tack!! Her legs and arms are still very week, they have been reefused a wheelchair by Goverment help. The 700 club would like an interview so maybe they can get the help SHE needs. the beautiful pictures brought tears to my eyes so we’ll add you to our and our churches prayer list!! Our love to you all!! Gramdparents Gary & Kaye Frye

6. name

August 30, 2010 at 6:39 am

Simple and individual wedding

7. Pingback: One Family. One Meal. | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food and recipes for the entire family!

8. Pingback: Monday to Friday Meal Ideas | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food (and now for big kids too!)

9. Pingback: Cheesy Corn on the Cob | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food (and now for big kids too!)