We eat a lot of bananas in our house. I would say between the four of us we easily go through six bananas a day (yes, even baby Chloe eats one a day now). Sometimes, I think I live in the monkey house.
When I want to spice things up a little and do something beyond the standard banana cut up on oatmeal, blended in the smoothie or just eaten on it's own, I make this quick, sweet dish. It seems very fancy and difficult to prepare, but it couldn't be easier to do. Whether you're making this for breakfast or dessert, it will excite you toddler and impress the adults. For the little ones, I like to serve the bananas with plain yogurt, but for a party you could add a scoop of Yogurt, Honey and Cinammon "Ice Cream" to make it a little more elegant.
Baked Maple Bananas
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 4 Bananas, peeled and cut into pieces or sliced lengthwise
- 1 Tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 Tsp Cinnamon
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. In an 8×8 inch pyrex dish combine the butter and maple syrup.
3. Melt the butter and maple syrup in the microwave or oven.
4. Add the lemon juice and cinnamon and stir to combine.
5. Gently toss the bananas in the liquid mixture to coat.
6. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown.