Egg Pesto Melt Program

Want a recipe that's perfect for breakfast, lunch OR dinner? You have to try these fast and easy Egg Pesto Melts!

Comments

1. Kiki

July 2, 2014 at 7:38 am

Just stumbled upon your site and I love it! Already a big fan. Packing lunches for school is big challenge for me, particularly since his school does not heat student lunches. So, my question is similar to Lauren’s 1) if I pack it with an icepack…will it be good to eat cold? Or should I make it in the morning and put it into a thermos…so it stays somewhat warm (or would the egg or bad sitting in a thermos for 4 hours?) and 2) Is this something you can make the night before and put in the firge overnight for lunch the next day? Sorry for the longwinded post! New mom and new cook! :)

• Catherine McCord

July 2, 2014 at 7:58 am

You can make this the night before. I usually make it in the morning, let it cool completely, then place it in the lunchbox. I always pack an icepack with lunch and our school lunches are not heated so they are all eaten at room temperature. I think if you put it into a thermos the bread would get soggy. Everything I pack in school lunch is eaten at room temperature or “cold”!

• Kiki

July 7, 2014 at 7:03 pm

Thank you so much! Really appreciate you taking the time to respond. :) It’s very helpful.

2. Pingback: POUTALITIOUS PESTO PRINCESS PRODUCT REVIEW AND RECIPES | Pout Perfection

3. Lauren

March 27, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Does your child reheat the sandwich for lunch @ school? It always confuses me when you say you make your child warm lunches for school. The sounds delish! I can’t wait to make it!

• Katie Trumbauer

April 5, 2011 at 1:43 pm

I was wondering the same thing, can they eat it cold at school? Does the egg do ok without being in the fridge??

April 6, 2011 at 5:57 pm

yes :) just place an ice pack into his lunch

4. Jill

March 27, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I just made this in quesadilla form. It was delish!

5. Amy F.

March 26, 2011 at 8:25 am

Sounds good! I can’t wait until my son will eat stuff like this. Fingers crossed that it is sooner than later.

6. Angela

March 25, 2011 at 5:21 pm

Funny how the advertisements don’t need any buffering but your video does!! That drives me crazy!!!!!!

March 27, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Let me look into it, but there shouldn’t be a problem. Hmmm…

7. Pingback: Weelicious ™ – Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food … | Easy Family Style Recipes