I'm not exactly Martha Stewart when it comes to creating whimsical looking recipes, but trust me, I try. While I love producing dishes that have a lot of visual appeal by way of different shapes, colors and textures, I often feel so pinched for time that a lot of the creativity I would like to put into meals just doesn't happen. Having said that, these Whole Wheat Bagel Wreath Pizzas are my idea of a recipe that is quick to prepare but also eye catching enough to get kids excited.
Whether you're wanting to make a simple lunch or a special treat for a kids holiday party, these wreaths deliver on the whimsy and are a tons of fun!
(check out the other Bagel Wreath Pizza picture below...)
Whole Wheat Bagel Wreath Pizza (Serves 4)
- 4 Whole Wheat Bagels, cut in half
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Broccoli, Peas and/or Green Beans, steamed
- 1 12 oz Jar Roast Red Bell Peppers
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 450 F.
2. Spread 1 tbsp of sauce on each slice of bagel.
3. Top each bagel with 2 tbsp of cheese, then arrange vegetables on top to resemble a wreath.
4. Cut bell peppers into thin strips to make the ribbon for each wreath.
5. Place wreaths on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.