These Reindeer Sandwiches are simple to make and an absolutely adorable addition to any child’s holiday themed school lunch.
Gemma goes absolutely wild for a cookie cutter sandwich. It really is the simple things for her. She just gets so excited to pick out her own shapes to fill her lunchbox with. Every now and then I like to surprise her with a little spin on her favorite sandwich. She about lost her mind when I presented her with a Reindeer Sandwich!
How to Make Reindeer Sandwiches
- Using a heart shaped cookie cutter, cut a heart out of your sandwich bread.
- Spread your filling of choice onto the heart-shaped piece of bread and top with the second piece. I used peanut butter for my spread in these sandwiches, but you can really use any of your favorite sandwich fillings. Whipped cream cheese, jelly preserves or sun butter (for the nut-free schools) are all great options to use
- Place the bottoms of pretzels in between the slices of bread to make the reindeer ears.
- Place mini chocolate chips for the eyes and blueberries for the nose. Use a bit of whatever spread you chose to make the chocolate chips and blueberry stick. If you’re making a few of these for a party platter or for your kids, I like to make one Rudolph by using a raspberry for the nose. It’s always a sweet little surprise!
Instead of tossing the crusts of the sandwich bread after cutting out the heart, try making these Cinnamon Toast Pinwheels with them. Never waste any sandwich bread again with this amazing little hack.
Your little ones will be the envy of all of their friends when they stride into school with this super cute Reindeer Sandwich! Pair these cute little guys with equally as festive Santa Hats and Chocolate Dipped Matzah with Sprinkles. You can make them for a holiday snack board or fill your little ones lunches with them. You’ll have the cutest Christmas lunch of all time!
More Kid-Friendly Holiday Recipes
- Santa Hats
- Christmas Bagel Wreaths
- Chocolate Dipped Matzah with Sprinkles
- Eggnog Sugar Cookies
- Holiday Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Bars
Let me know in the comments what you think of these Reindeer Sandwiches or tag me on Instagram if you make them!
- 4 pieces sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup filling of choice (peanut, almond or sun butter, whipped cream cheese, preserves, or anything you enjoy)
- 4 small pretzels
- 4 chocolate chips
- 2 raspberries or blueberries
- Use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out a heart from the bread.
- Spread 2 tablespoons of filling on one slice of bread and top with second piece of bread.
- Place bottom of pretzels in between the slices of bread for the ears.
- Place a tiny dollop of filling on the bottom of the chocolate chips and one side of the raspberry or blueberry to adhere to the bread for the eyes and nose.