When I tell you these are the perfect holiday cookie bars, just take my word for it. These Holiday Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Bars are soft, chocolatey and just downright delicious. I can guarantee, there will never be a crumb left anytime you make this recipe.
Ah, December. The ultimate month where cookies get their well-deserved moment in the spotlight. I’m forever on the hunt for the perfect Christmas cookie, and I think I’ve finally found my match. These cookie bars are not only incredibly delicious, but super easy to make as well.
Since she was a toddler, Gemma has shown a love for all things baking. Though we’d let her help out here and there, it wasn’t until recently that she’s really wanted to get involved in whatever I’m making. So when I whipped out the ingredients for this recipe, you know she was all in. If you’re lucky enough to not lose half of the ingredients in the process, involving your little ones in the making of these sweet treats makes it even sweeter.
The sprinkles in this recipe are really what make this dessert truly special. Not only do they add the most beautiful pop of color, but the slight crunch it adds to the cookie cause for it to standout from the rest. If you’ve been following Weelicious for a while, then you know I’m all about dye-free anything. I used my favorite dye-free sprinkle brand to really bring this recipe to the next level, which I linked above as well!
If you’re looking for more holiday cookie recipes, these Chocolate Orange Snaps, Eggnog Sugar Cookies, or Peppermint Brookies are sure to put anyone in the holiday spirit. Perfect for any holiday cookie jamboree or just to make at home with your family.
What are your favorite holiday cookie recipes? I have no doubt that this one will soon be added to that list!
Holiday Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Bars
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease or spray a 9 x 13 inch pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper leaving over hang for ease in removing the bars.
- In a large bowl whisk the flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a standing mixer or in a separate large bowl beat the butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla for 3-5 minutes or until creamy and light in color.
- Add the flour into the butter mixture and beat for 1 minute or until all of the ingredients come together.
- Fold or beat in 1 1/4 cup of the chocolate candies and 1/2 cup chocolate chips.
- Place in a greased 9 x 13 baking dish. Top with the remaining chocolate candies, chocolate chips and holiday sprinkles.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until the top just starts to turn golden.
- Allow the bars to cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting into squares.