Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites are easy to make and great snack treat for you and your kids!
Anytime I can combine bananas, chocolate and peanut butter all in one bite, I am on board. Is is not the perfect combination? Even better, these are straight from the freezer so they’re ice cold which makes for the perfect midday treat to cool down on a hot summer day. That’s not to say they aren’t delicious year round though, of course!
I love this snack because it’s homemade and doesn’t have a ton of added processed ingredients like a lot of snacks you get at the grocery store. Plus, kids love helping dip the banana bites in the chocolate, so it’s a fun activity for the whole family. The way their eyes light up when I pull their creations out of the freezer is an added bonus!
Our house is never short on bananas. We use them almost every morning in smoothies, but we’re always trying to use them up in other ways. Sometimes we’ll make Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread or Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins or we’ll do Frozen Bananas on a Stick which are also super fun! Bananas are such a versatile food the snacking possibilities are endless, and it doesn’t hurt that they’re also good for you.
If you or someone in your family has a nut allergy, you could substitute peanut butter for any other seed butter that you might like, or you could leave it out entirely. Any time you want to customize to fit your dietary needs, go for it!
I know you’re going to love this recipe! It’s been one of our favorites to make in the past few weeks. Let me know, as always, if you make this and what you think by tagging me on social media!
Frozen Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- 2 bananas, sliced into about 30 wheels
- 5 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup semi sweet, dark or milk chocolate chips
- Place 15 banana sliced on a parchment lined baking sheet or place.
- Top each banana with ½ teaspoon of peanut butter.
- Top with another banana slice to make “sandwiches”.
- Freeze the bananas for 1 hour or more.
- Melt coconut oil and chocolate chips in a glass bowl in the microwave for 30 seconds- 1 minute or a small saucepan over low heat for 2-3 minutes or until completely smooth stirring continuously. Allow the chocolate to come to room temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Using a fork dip the peanut butter bananas in the chocolate until completely covered allowing the extra chocolate to drip off.
- Place the chocolate covered bananas back on the parchment and freeze for an hour and up to 24 hours.
- Place the frozen chocolate peanut butter banana bites in zipper bags on containers and store in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- *Alternatively you can use almond, cashew, sunbutter or crunchy peanut butter.
My grandkids are going to love making these. Thanks
These look amazing! What can I substitute for coconut oil?
These look delicious! Question, what is the purpose of adding coconut oil to the chocolate?
Sounds yummy. Do other oils, like canola or olive, or butter work in this recipe?
What can be used in lieu of coconut oil? Thank you.