Cinnamon Toast Pinwheels are an easy a fun recipe that only uses three ingredients! They’re the perfect treat for breakfast, a snack or even to go in a school lunch.
I had a few slices of bread that were about to go stale past the point of return. I hate when food goes to waste so I started thinking about what I could make with them that was fun and new! Typically I make a Veggie Dinner Strata, Blueberry Cream Cheese French Toast or Breakfast Casserole (which are all DELICIOUS), but I wanted something super simple that took literally 3 minutes.
Enter Cinnamon Toast Pinwheels! This recipe couldn’t be easier or faster, plus it’s super tasty. All you have to do is cut the crusts off of a piece of bread, roll it up into a pinwheel shape and poke a skewer through it to hold it in place. They’re like little cinnamon bread lollipops. The kids loved them!
Cinnamon Toast Pinwheels are a great treat to include in your kids school lunch or as a mid-day snack. I made them last week as a side for breakfast with Crispy Fried Eggs and they were perfect! I mean, it can’t get much better than bread, butter and cinnamon all toasted up and served fresh off the pan.
I can’t wait for you guys to try this recipe. I know you’re going to love it. Good news is if you have bread that’s about to go to waste, you know what to do! And if you don’t, go ahead and make it anyway! Any bread will do – stale, fresh, wheat, white – there’s no wrong way!
Tag me on social media if you make these Cinnamon Toast Pinwheels and let me know what you think! I always love seeing Weelicious recipes out in the wild.
Cinnamon Toast Pinwheels
- 2 pieces sandwich bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- maple syrup or honey for dipping
- Place the bread on a cutting board. Use a sharp or serrated knife to cut off the crusts of the bread keep them intact in one long piece.
- Starting at one end of the bread, wind it up into a pinwheel and secure with a long stick or toothpick. Repeat with second piece of bread.
- Melt the butter In a medium sized saute pan over medium heat and sprinkle the cinnamon where you will be placing the pinwheels.
- Add the pinwheels and cook for 2 minutes on each side or until golden.
- Serve with maple or honey for dipping.