These No-Bake Reindeer Bites are a healthy, delicious and absolutely adorable holiday treat for kids, but adults will love them too! These little treats are not only a delight to eat but also so much fun to create, making them a perfect holiday activity too!
Why You’ll Love No-Bake Reindeer Bites
1. Quick and Easy: With no baking required, this recipe is a time-saving solution for your busy holiday schedule. In just a few simple steps, you’ll have a batch of charming reindeer bites ready to bring smiles to faces young and old.
2. Kid-Friendly Fun: Get the little ones involved in the holiday festivities by letting them help decorate these reindeer bites. It’s a fun and creative activity that doubles as a delicious treat. Plus, they’re perfect in a holiday themed lunch box too!
3. Irresistibly Cute: The combination of the sweet peanut butter-honey mixture and the adorable reindeer features make these bites not only delicious but also irresistibly cute. They’re sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering.
How to Make No-Bake Reindeer Bites
- old fashioned oats
- smooth peanut butter (should be thick, no stir peanut butter)
- small pretzels
- red chocolate candy coated pieces
1. Grind the Oats: Start by placing the old-fashioned oats in a food processor or blender. Pulse until finely ground, creating a smooth texture for the reindeer bites.
2. Mix Peanut Butter and Honey: In a mixing bowl, combine the peanut butter with honey. Stir the mixture until it reaches a smooth and consistent texture.
3. Add Ground Oats: Introduce the ground oats to the peanut butter and honey mixture. Stir thoroughly to ensure all ingredients are well combined.
4. Shape into Balls: Using approximately 2 tablespoons of the mixture (consider using a mini ice cream scooper for ease), roll into compact balls. This step sets the foundation for your adorable reindeer treats!
5. Create Reindeer Features: Cut small pretzels in half to form antlers. Decorate each reindeer bite with candy eyes, a red candy piece for the nose, and the pretzel antlers. For an extra cute touch, place the eyes close together to give your reindeer a super adorable face!
Tips for No-Bake Reindeer Bites
- Choose Thick Peanut Butter: Opt for “no-stir” peanut butter with a thick consistency. This ensures a stable mixture, making it easier to shape the bites.
- Keep Shapes Consistent: Use a mini ice cream scooper or measuring spoons to create uniformly sized bites. Damp hands prevent sticking during shaping as well!
- Secure Features Promptly: Insert pretzel antlers and candy features right after shaping while the mixture is still sticky. Press firmly to ensure they stay in place.
More Festive Holiday Recipes for Kids
- Sugar Cookie Trees
- Santa Hats
- Christmas Bagel Wreaths
- Reindeer Sandwiches
- Holiday Chocolate Chip Sprinkle Bars
No-Bake Reindeer Bites are a super cute addition to your holiday treat repertoire. Quick and easy, healthy and undeniably charming, they capture the festive spirit in every bite. Share the joy by making a batch as a sweet surprise for your kids or for your next gathering. Let me know in the comments what you think of these and tag me on social media if you make them!
No Bake Reindeer Bites
- food processor or blender
- Place the oats in a food processor or blender and pulse until finely ground.
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the peanut butter and honey.
- Add the ground oats to the peanut butter mixture and continue to stir until thoroughly combined.
- Using 2 tablespoon of the mixture at a time (I like to use a mini ice cream scooper), roll into balls.
- Cut small pretzels in half to use for the reindeer antlers.
- Decorate with candy eyes, red candies for the nose and pretzel antlers. Place the eyes close together for a super cute face.