Strawberry Parfaits for mama's day

Forward this email to your husband, partner or child right away. O.K., Kenya and Chloe don't have email -- most 5 and 3 year-olds (thankfully) don't -- but you get my drift. You want this recipe in the hands of the people you love. You can leave them notes on their pillows, mention it in casual conversation at the dinner table, write a song about it or, just come right out and fess up to the fact that this is what you really want to have on Mother's Day morning -- something fresh, simple, healthy and tasty…which is also a recipe everyone can make together.

And, it couldn't be easier, so there should be no excuse from your peanut gallery that they can't figure it out! If they have the ability to get to the market, take a glass out of the cupboard and layer juicy strawberries, tangy Greek yogurt and crunchy granola, then they can put this spectacular dish together. And if they forget it for breakfast, no worries. Just make sure it ends up being delivered to you in the afternoon (on a tray as you're lounging on the couch reading a good book) or maybe after dinner while they're all doing the dishes and you're chilling out on the side lines!

Doesn't that just sound lovely, moms? Well, a girl can always dream.

Strawberry Parfait  (4)

• 1 cup wee granola or your favorite brand
  • 1 cup plain greek yogurt
  • 1 cup sliced strawberries
  • honey to drizzle

1. 1. In your prettiest glass or serving bowl, layer granola, Greek yogurt, A drizzle of honey, and the sliced strawberries. Repeat in that order until you fill your glass or serving bowl, finishing it with a dollop of Greek yogurt, another drizzle of honey, and a small whole strawberry on top.
Strawberry Parfait

Comments

1. Laraine

March 30, 2014 at 8:04 am

My girlfriends and I are always looking for new blogs. Your blog is wonderful. I’m a huge fan of “Cooking With Mr. C.” and “Food 52″. I will share your blog with my friends. We love to follow many blogs.

2. Hannah

March 23, 2014 at 8:04 pm

Awesome strawberry parfaits!! Send us the recipe please!

3. Claudia Harlan

December 10, 2012 at 9:40 pm

Send me receipes

4. kala

May 14, 2012 at 7:36 am

So my amazing husband made this for me for mother’s day breakfast and it was absolutely delicious! Such a simple thing but so beautiful and so yummy! I actually ended up making us each one this morning for breakfast as well. Thanks so much!

5. maurine

May 13, 2012 at 1:27 am

For anyone who does not like plain Greek yogurt, sweeten it with 1 packet of Truvia, its delicious as a dip for any fruit, even grapes and watermelon.

6. Nichole

May 11, 2012 at 6:42 am

This looks delicious! I’d certainly be a happy momma if I got this on Mother’s Day!! I may have to gather the ingredients and make it myself so, I can be sure to have it. Why risk it?! haha =)

7. Pingback: Toddler Thursday: Kid Crafts and Recipes for Mother’s Day! « MomsRising Blog

8. Pingback: Mother’s Day Brunch Ideas – Simple but Stunning Recipes to Make Mom’s Day | Apron Strings

9. Keeley

May 9, 2012 at 11:33 am

I eat this almost every day. Switching between bananas, blueberries, or strawberries. I’ve posted about it on my instagram even using the exact same cup! LOL, great minds think alike…
    Delicious way to start a day.

10. Yesenia

May 9, 2012 at 8:57 am

This is my go to weekday morning breakfast. I skip the honey, use low-fat plain yogurt, and only use about 4 sliced strawberries. Its a healthy and quick breakfast, for those hectic mornings. It can also be made the night before and keeps well for the morning rush. However, putting it in a pretty glass and adding the other ingredients sounds like a great way to dress it up on a special day. Either way its nice treat for mamas!

11. Anna Marks

May 9, 2012 at 8:22 am

That looks really delicious.. I can’t wait to try it.. :)