A rose is a rose is a rose… unless it’s an avocado rose! Looking at an avocado rose you might think it’s impossible to create, so why even try. Trust me, it’s totally worth it. In only a few simple steps you can make one of the most gorgeous and delicious treats to place on top of a snack board, toast with a sunny side up egg or basically anything you’re craving. With just a splash of lemon or lime to keep it nice and bright and a sprinkle of salt you’ve got a glorious snack that will make anyone mesmerized by your talents. I’ve even included a quick video to show you a few simple tips and tricks. If you try it let me know in the comments below. It’s a ton of fun!
How to Make an Avocado Rose
- 1 ripe avocado
- lemon or lime
- kosher or sea salt
- Take a sharp knife and cut the avocado in half.
- Tap the pit with the sharpest part of your knife and remove.
- Place the avocado on a cutting board and gently remove the peel of the avocado.
- Starting at either end of the avocado, slice the avocado across into the thinest slices possible.
- Gently fan out the avocado into a long line with the slices overlapping each other.
- Starting from one end, slowly curl the slices towards the center. Continue curling until you form a rose.
- Squeeze a touch of lemon over the rose and sprinkle with salt
Brilliant!! I’ve never seen such a thing. Can’t wait to try it. You’re quite the inspiration!