This is one of those no brainer foods for baby. Steam it, throw it in the food processor and bam, you’re finished. It’s easy to freeze and can be mixed with other foods you’re planning to serve.
The carrots are packed with beta carotene which converts into Vitamin A which helps vision and healthy skin and the cauliflower is a good source of Vitamin C. I always steam a few extra vegetables and chop them into baby bite size pieces, so Kenya can work on his fine motor skills and feed himself.
We used these to make this recipe: Cuisinart DLC-2 Mini Prep Plus Food Processor
Carrot & Cauliflower Puree
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 1 1/2 cups cauliflower florets
- Wash the vegetables and put them in a steamer basket over boiling water.
- Steam for 6 minutes or until fork tender.
- In a food processor, puree using some of the cooking water to thin to desired consistency.
- For more flavor add 1/4 teaspoon of any of the spices listed.
- Cool and serve.
- To Freeze: Place in Baby Cubes and freeze for up to 3 months.