Cream cheese icing is a creamy treat that is great on cupcakes, cinnamon rolls, and more!
Cream Cheese Icing
A classic cream cheese icing is perfect for topping cakes, cupcakes, cinnamon rolls and more!
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all the ingredients in a mixer and beat on medium to high speed until fluffy.
Calories: 150kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 60mg | Sugar: 6g
Did you make this recipe?Mention @Weelicious or tag #weelicious!
My baking-expert sister maintains that real cream cheese icing will melt if frosted cupcakes are sat out on display during a party. Is she right? Also, can I make it a day or two in advance and store in the refrigerator?
I tried the Red Beet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing. The cupcakes stuck to the papers a bit and the cream cheese icing though delicious at first became a bit bitter after 20/30 minutes and very hard over the next couple of days. Any tips or ideas on what might have happened?