Every time we go to a Mexican or Middle Eastern restaurant with Kenya, the first thing he grabs for are the chips. He loves them but I don’t want his taste buds to get too used to the super salty and fried flavor of them. So, I decided to come up with a recipe for pita chips that are healthy, delicious, really easy to make and Kenya can snack on them all week.
I used just a sprinkle of parmesan for a nutty salty flavor and some garlic powder to kick them up a bit. He devoured these like you can’t imagine. I made “Baby Ghanoosh” at the same time and he had a blast trying to dip the pita chips in the eggplant spread and licking it off before taking bites of the chips. I love a fun culinary activity for kids that’s also actually healthy for them.
Crispy Pita Chips
- 3 6 inch Whole Wheat Pita
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 Cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the pitas in half and then into pie shaped pieces or strips
- (you can cut them into any shape you want).
- Place the pita pieces on a cookie sheet and brush with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with garlic powder and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until they start to turn a golden color.
- Cool and serve.