We have a few breakfast staples in this house, and we’re always looking for ways to get creative with our favorites. Crunchy Granola Bites are our newest favorite breakfast!
We always have oats on hand, and we make granola at least once a week. In addition, my fridge is never devoid of greek yogurt. It is so creamy, tasty, and packed with protein and probiotics. I love to serve greek yogurt for everything from breakfast to snack to dessert. Our weekly trips to the farmers market yield as many fresh fruits as we can get our hands on.
As you can see, Crunchy Granola Bites are only a few steps away as we have all the ingredients on hand any given day. We love to top ours with fresh berries, but you can use any of your favorite fresh, in season fruits!
Crunchy Granola Bites
- 2 cups old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 5 tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vanilla greek yogurt
- 1 cup mixed fresh fruits (berries, pomegranate seeds, peaches, etc)
- 1.Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place the first 7 ingredients in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- Place 3 tablespoons to the mixture into greased muffin tins 3/4 of the way up and bake for 18 minutes or until golden.
- As soon as you remove the granola muffins from the oven, use a spoon to gently press the center down to form a cup. Allow to cool completely before removing from muffin tins.
- Top granola muffins with 1-2 tabspoons of greek yogurt and top with a variety of fruits.
Needed a quick, easy breakfast (last minute!). This were perfect – crunchy and a little chewy in the middle – perfect imo. Served with a variety of berries and yogurt. This will definitely become a regular breakfast.
Glad you liked them Hilary! Thanks for the comment 🙂
I would love to try your granola bites but would prefer to not use oil. Any suggestions to substitute for the coconut oil? Thank you.