As a kid, when my family would go out to dinner, I always wanted to order a shirley temple. I felt so fancy and grown up having a pretty, sparkling drink like the grown ups. Now that I have kids, I love to make mealtime special for them. I try to omit as much of the sugar and junk as I can, so I came up with this Fruity Mocktail.
Simply mix together pomegranate juice, sparkling water, and your favorite seasonal fruits for a drink that makes any evening more fun. I loved drinking this fruity mocktail while I was pregnant, too. Skewer some fruits and melon balls to make fun garnishes to top off your beverage. What seasonal fruit will you add?!
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 2 cups Sparkling Water or Club Soda
- 1 1/2 cups mixed fruit (blueberries, strawberries, blackberries, melon balls, etc)
- In a pitcher, combine the pomegranate juice, sparkling water, and 1/2 of the mixed fruit. Place in the fridge and chill until ready to serve.
- Use the remaining fruit to make little skewers for garnish.
- When ready to serve, pour the drink over ice between 4 glasses, making sure to get fruit in each one, and top with a fruit skewer.