Looking for something delicious, fun and beautiful? Look no further than these gorgeous Garden Cupcakes.
Do you know Joy Cho? If you don’t know her by name I’m betting you know her gorgeous work! She’s the amazing brains behind the Oh Joy brand which began as a graphic design studio in 2005 and has turned into tons of brilliant housewares and more at Target ( aka my happy place), the author of Oh Joy_ Creating 60 Ways to Give Joy, plus much much more! After getting to know her over the past few years the one thing I know she most proud about over all of her creative success is being mother to Ruby and Coco, her precious little girls.
This past weekend she threw a joint Garden theme birthday party for the girls which you can see here on Oh Joy, so I wanted to create a recipe inspired by her fun and playful theme. These Garden Cupcakes are super easy to make and delectable to gobble up!
All you have to do is bake up dark chocolate cupcakes, top them with a luscious frosting, crumble chocolate cookies (that’s your dirt) and top them with seasonal flowers and/or pieces of fresh fruit. Then you place them in these small terra cotta pots and you have Garden Cupcakes!
Aren’t they so cute and you get to eat them up. It’s a win win!
Once the kids have finished their cupcakes you can give them a pack of these organic seeds to take home, plant and hopefully cook with down the road!
If you have any birthday party themes or gift ideas you love please share them in the comments below!
Photos by Gerry Speirs
- 2 batches Weelicious Dark Chocolate Cupcakes (linked below)
- 12 chocolate wafer cookies, crushed
- 24 2 inch terra cotta pots
- flowers, berries and fresh mint (for decorating)
- Bake the cupcakes as directed and allow to cool.
- Using a knife, spread with frosting.
- Sprinkle cupcakes with crushed chocolate cookies and place in terra cotta pots.
- Top with fresh berries, mint leaves or flowers.