Don’t you just love starting your day with a warm drink?! I’ve been trying to switch things up recently by adding a Golden Milk Latte to my rotation. If you haven’t tried these yet, you need to jump on the bandwagon. They are totally addictive!
Fresh turmeric turns this warm and comforting drink a light golden color, and also helps to fight inflammation in your body. A crack of black pepper and a fat like coconut oil help activate the turmeric so it can work its magic. Ginger and cinnamon are the perfect warming spices to accompany the turmeric.
I feel great when I have my golden milk latte in the morning, and my kids have been loving it too. Have you tried this beautiful drink yet? What flavors do you add?
- 2 cups almond, coconut or rice milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 inch fresh turmeric, peeled
- freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-2 tablespoons honey, coconut sugar, maple syrup, or stevia
- Place all of the ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth.*
- Pour into a medium pot and simmer until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- * if your blender isn’t very powerful, pour through a mesh strainer.