If you’re thinking about making an appetizer for a holiday party, you have to try this one! It’s incredibly easy to prepare, but elegant enough for a party. The best part is kids AND adults love them. Each little bite is packed with big flakes of sweet crab meat, has just a bit of tang from the lemon juice and a crispy texture from the bread crumbs. I actually first created this recipe for Good Bite recently and it was a big success with them. If you want a few extra tips, check out the video here on Good Bite
I made these for dinner last week and Kenya had a ball dipping them in the lemon aioli and them eating them up one after another. Whether you make these for friends or just serve them to your family, I promise everyone will be impressed by your culinary creation.
Mini Crab Cakes
- 1 Lb Lump Crab Meat, picked over and drained well
- 1/3 Cup Red Bell Pepper, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsp Scallions, whites plus 2 inches of green finely chopped
- 1 1/2 Tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 2 Tsp lemon juice
- 2 Tsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 Cup panko crumbs, white or wheat
- canola oil for pan searing
- Lemon Aioli
- 1 cup mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Combine all the ingredients except for the oil in a bowl.
- Using a spoon or mini ice cream scooper, use about 1 tbsp of the mixture to form crab cakes, packing the meat tightly so it holds together.
- Heat a thin coat of oil in a large saute over medium heat.
- Add the crab cakes a cook for 2 minutes on each side until golden.
- Serve with Lemon Aioli.
- *After step 2, place cakes on a baking sheet and freeze for 30 minutes then place in a ziploc bag, label and freeze up to 4 months. When ready, allow to defrost in fridge for 24 hours and follow steps 3-5.
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to combine.