I couldn’t resist the gorgeous pineapple I found at Trader Joes this morning. There’s nothing more fragrant then slicing a ripe and juicy pineapple. Pineapples are rich in Vitamin C and in the plant enzyme Bromelain which helps breakdown protein in the body, thereby aiding digestion.
This cooling smoothie is delicious for babies to eat with a spoon, for toddlers through a straw or as Kenya did by dipping his fingers right in a licking the smoothie off his little digits.
*When you slice the pineapple, remember to cut out the “eyes” (the little brown pieces all over the pineapple).
Pineapple, Banana, Yogurt Purée
- 1 medium banana, peeled
- 1/2 Cup chopped pineapple
- 1/3 Cup whole milk yogurt
- 1 Tbsp wheat germ
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- *When you slice the pineapple, remember to cut out the “eyes” (the little brown pieces all over the pineapple).
- *Place in Baby Cubes and freeze.