Put together flaky puff pastries and perfectly cooked eggs with all your favorite toppings and get these tasty Puff Pastry Breakfast Pies!
To know me is to know my love of breakfast and brunch food. When the weekend rolls around and the hustle of getting the kids off to school is out of the way, I love spending my mornings making a delicious breakfast for the family. Of course eggs are always on the menu and typically some sort of pancake or waffle, but recently I ventured out and made these Puff Pastry Breakfast Pies. They were a huge hit and a prefect special breakfast to make for the fam!
The best part of these Breakfast Pies is that every one of them is customizable to everyones different tastes. There’s no limit to what can be added – so feel free to get creative! I love these because they look quite fancy and are a great recipe to make when you’re wanting to spend a little extra time on breakfast but don’t want the mess of tons of different dishes. These are contained in one perfect little breakfast tart. They’re great for a holiday breakfast or even breakfast in bed for a special occassion!
A couple tips:
- Since the puff pastries will be baked twice essentially, you want to turn the heat on your oven lower than what you would typically bake these at. 350 degrees Fahrenheit is perfect to ensure crispy and fluffy puff pastries but not over baked.
- When you score the edges of the squares, don’t cut all the way through. Take your knife almost all the way through so that the edges rise but aren’t completely cut off.
- I likes putting the toppings that I wanted on first and then putting the egg on last, but it doesn’t really matter what order. The egg on top is just a little prettier presentation in my opinion.
- Have fun! Make as many variations of these breakfast pies as you can dream up! Inspire me!
Let me know what you think of these cute Puff Pastry Breakfast Pies and what topping combos are your favorite! Tag me on social media if you make them!
Puff Pastry Breakfast Pies
- 1 sheet puff pastry dough, thawed
- 4 eggs
- bacon, cooked
- sautéed mushrooms
- cherry tomatoes, sliced
- sautéed bell pepper and onions
- grated cheddar cheese
- slices deli ham
- spinach, chopped
- roasted butternut squash
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the puff pastry sheet into 4 equal squares and place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Using a knife, score a 1/2-inch edge around each pastry square, cutting about halfway through the dough.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until puffed and golden.
- Remove the pastry squares from the oven and push down the inner portion of the dough with a spoon or spatula to create a raised rim on the sides.
- Layer desired toppings in the inner portion of the shell. Top with an egg and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes until the eggs are cooked to your desired doneness.