Are you sifting through cookbooks and websites trying to find the perfect recipe for Dad? A dish you can easily make with your kids that you know will feel special and meet all of his culinary dreams? Look no further! Skirt Steak Fajitas are exactly what you’ve been waiting for!
Skirt Steak is one of our all time favorite proteins to marinade with tons of lime and cilantro and then sauté or toss on the grill. I rarely meet anyone who doesn’t love fajitas so it’s a satisfying recipe especially when you’re feeding a crowd. Since fajitas are basically a DIY meal they’re really fun for everyone to put together on their own.
Skirt Steak Fajitas
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of 2 Lime
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/4 cup cilantro packed
- 1/4 cup tequila PARENTS, DON’T WORRY. ALL THE ALCOHOL BURNS OFF AND YOU’RE JUST LEFT WITH GREAT FLAVOR, but you can leave it out all together and they’re still yummy!
- 1 pound skirt/hanger steak this marinade also works well with chicken and shrimp
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- oil as needed
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a blender, food processor or in a bowl using an immersion blender (you can also chop the ingredients by hand and stir to combine).
- Place the skirt steak in a zipper bag with the marinade (you may need to cut it into several large slabs).
- Marinate the meat for 4-24 hours in the refrigerator.
- Add 1 tbsp of oil to a large saute pan over medium to high heat or you could also cook the meat on a grill or use a grill pan.
- Place the drained meat in the saute pan or grill and cook for 2 minutes on each side.
- Place on a cutting board and allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
- Heat another tbsp of the oil in the saute pan over medium heat and cook the onions and peppers for 4-5 minutes.
- Slice the meat.
- Cover a tortilla with desired accompaniments, meat, onions and peppers.