Sweet Gingery Tofu is a great vegetarian meal that packs tons of flavor. The
I made this sweet gingery tofu with a friend who has 4 kids, age 4 to 14, and she was convinced this would be a pretty tough sell to all four of them come dinner time. I think she was actually laughing at me because the thought of her whole family eating tofu together was absurd. I feel so vindicated! She called me the night she prepared it and said the kids were actually fighting over who got the last piece. Seriously, this recipe is THAT good!
The dish is so easy because you probably have most of the ingredients on hand, you only need one dish to mix them all in AND it’s inexpensive to make — less then $3 for 4 servings! Serve it with some edamame or sautéed Asian greens and brown rice and you have a protein, carb and vegetable that makes for the perfectly balanced, asian-inspired meal.
Sweet Gingery Tofu is a really easy vegetarian meal to whip up in a pinch. We’re trying to eat more vegetarian meals during the week so this is definitely in the rotation pretty often. We also love Vegetarian Baked Taquitos, Cauliflower Steaks, and Forbidden Black Rice Bowls for our vegetarian dinner nights!
This dish is all about the sauce. The sweet, gingery taste is out of this world! It’s not just for tofu either. Some nights when I’m making this recipe I’ll make tofu for Kenya (our family vegetarian), and I’ll do chicken or fish for the rest of us in the same sauce. It’s a game changer!
You’re going to love this Sweet Gingery Tofu recipe! It’s not just for meatless Monday, it’s perfect for meatless any day! Let me know in the comments what you think and tag me on social media. I love seeing your weelicious creations!
Sweet Gingery Tofu
- 1 pound firm or extra firm tofu, drained
- 1/4 cup mirin
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or Braggs amino acids
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- sesame seeds, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place tofu in a towel to remove as much liquid/water as possible.
- Cut tofu into even 1/2 inch slices.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
- Place tofu in marinade, coating both sides, and bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden.
- * This sauce could also be used for baking fish or chicken. Adjust cooking time accordingly.