I’m not exaggerating when I say Air Fryer Tortilla Pillows are the easiest lunch recipe you will ever make. They’re only 3 ingredients and ready in a flash!
You might be asking, what is a Tortilla Pillow? Well, it’s a burrito.. but it’s flat, like a pillow. But it’s also crispy, like a chimichanga! It sounds complicated but I cannot stress enough just how easy these are to make. They’re a perfect, quick vegetarian lunch that everyone will love. I’ve been making them nonstop for my kiddos the past few weeks and they can’t get enough!
These Tortilla Pillows are filled with refried beans and cheese, folded up and then popped into the air fryer to create a crispy yet ooey gooey lunch that’s ready in under 10 minutes. I used to make these in the oven (which you can totally still do!), but now I’m air fryer obsessed like a lot of you, and I gotta say, it took this recipe to the next level. Perfect crispiness in half the time.
While I’m on the subject of air fryers, I might as well share some of my favorite recipes to make in yours. Everything from snacks and dinners to desserts can be make in your air fryer. Try out Air Fryer Veggies, Air Fryer Roast Chicken, Air Fried Artichoke Hearts with Creamy Garlic Dip, and Air Fryer Donuts to get started!
Lunch time doesn’t have to be complicated. While I strive to make lunch fun and exciting to eat, sometimes the more simple the better. This recipe is only three ingredients and is one of my kids favorites. If you’re looking for more lunch ideas try out my Two Tone Sandwich, Egg Salad Sandwich or Turkey Pickle Roll Ups.
Let me know what you think of these delicious Tortilla Pillows and tag me on social media if you make them!
Air Fryer Tortilla Pillows
- 2 8-inch whole wheat tortillas
- 3/4 cup refried beans
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- Place the tortillas on a flat surface in front of you.
- Place 1/2 of the beans and 1/2 of the cheese onto the center of each tortilla.
- Fold each tortilla into a square by folding in the two sides and then folding in the top and bottom.
- Spray or coat the air fryer basket with olive oil. Place the tortilla pillows, folded side down, in the air fryer basket and air fry on 400 for 8 minutes or until the tortillas are crisp and the insides are warmed through.
- If your tortillas are too stiff to fold, place them between two damped paper towels in the microwave for 10 seconds.
- If you’re making these in the oven, bake on 350F for 20 minutes.
So easy and devoured by three children. Thank you!
Thanks for your comment. The ingredients should display now.
Ok, why can’t I see the ingredients in any of these recipes??