Don’t let a few dietary preferences get in the way when you need a cookie fix! These Vegan Almond Cookies are gluten-free, dairy-free and egg-free but 100% delicious!
I’ve been getting tons of emails from parents asking for healthy cookie recipes. That request is actually a lot harder than you would think. The words ‘healthy’ and ‘cookies’ rarely go into the same sentence. And for good reason. But we here at weelicious are up for any challenge. Not only are these little almond cookies super fast and easy to make, you only have to keep a few ingredients on hand in order to whip them up on a moment’s notice!
The day I made them, Kenya and I had a few and were in heaven. He kept begging for more, but I always try to limit him to one or two. I wish I could say the same thing for my girlfriends. They came over to watch the Bachelor finale (yes, I do love some mindless television now and then), and not only did the ladies enjoy them, they finished every last one! Next time I have to remember to make a double batch.
By the way, these cookies are delicious even if you eat wheat and dairy.
Vegan Almond Cookies
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 cups almond flour meal
- 6 tablespoons honey or agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- slivered almonds, for decoration
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients in a bowl and stir to thoroughly combine.
- You can either roll the dough by hand into 1 inch balls and lightly press down with a fork or your fingers OR you can pat into a large square and cut into smaller 1-inch squares.
- Place the cookies on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet. Add slivered almond to the tops of cookies if desired.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden. The cookies will crisp as they cool.
- Allow cookies to cool and store in an airtight container.