Ginger Lemon Honey Tea | Weelicious

Ginger Lemon Honey Tea

ginger-lemon-honey-tea.jpg

Yum

The bane of every parents existence: the common cold! Our house has been a breeding ground for it this season. For a while, I called our place "germ central". It's a terrible, on-going cycle. Kenya gets a cold, then I get it, then my husband, then Kenya again and so it goes. Even the grandparents caught it from our little pride and joy over Thanksgiving this past year.

Well, I haven't found the cure, but this drink seems to be on tap at our house this time of year. My husband and I have been drinking this potion for years and consider it to be a miracle for soothing a sore throat and clearing the head. And as I said, it's really yummy tasting. Ginger is used in eastern medicine to treat bronchitis and other respiratory problems by loosening and expelling phlegm. Honey is fantastic for coating a sore throat and lemon juice is packed with vitamin C, a known cold remedy.

This homeopathic remedy is a lifesaver! If you don't believe me, ask Kenya who, even when he's not sick, asks for "hot tea" as frequently as other little ones would ask for juice. It's really that delicious!

Ginger Lemon Honey Tea (makes 2 servings)

1 Inch Piece Fresh Ginger, peeled
2 Cups Water
Juice of 1 Lemon
1-2 Tbsp Honey, or to taste

1. Cut the ginger into disks.
3. Remove ginger from water.
3. Add the lemon juice and honey to the water and stir to dissolve honey.
4. Serve tea in mugs.
*Make sure to throughly cool for little ones before serving

Ginger Lemon Honey Tea  (makes 2 servings)

• 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
  • 2 cups water
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 2 tbsp honey, or to taste

1. 1. Cut the ginger into disks.
  2. 2. Bring the water and ginger to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and let steep for 5-10 minutes.
  3. 3. Remove ginger from water.
  4. 3. Add the lemon juice and honey to the water and stir to dissolve honey.
  5. 4. Serve tea in mugs.
  6. *Make sure to throughly cool for little ones before serving
Ginger Lemon Honey Tea

Comments

1. bruce macdoobie

August 23, 2016 at 10:20 am

Lots of PT making single servings! I make it in bulk and bottle it.

Probably 1Kg of fresh ginger. Wash it and liquidise it with at least 1 litre cold water. Boil it up for 5 minutes, let it cool and then strain it through muslin into old wine (or Scotch!) bottles.

Then, make a bunch of lemon syrup (recipe on demand – but using Xylitol instead of sugar!), and bottle that.

Mix 50/50 in the bottom of a mug and add boiling water. Time will tell exactly how much you need to get it right (tastes differ).

One day of PT, followed by many, many days of bliss (many times a day).

Or, you can mix the lemon syrup/ginger muti 50/50 in a Scotch (or wine!) bottle and have it ready-mixed.

Mine tastes at least as good as at the Java Coffee Shop at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport (and that is saying something).

2. Kathy Bright

November 20, 2015 at 5:15 am

Forgot to select joining mailing list☺️

3. Kathy Bright

November 20, 2015 at 5:14 am

Looking forward to gleaning from this site!
    Thanks

4. Pingback: benefits ginger lemon honey tea | Food Recipe

5. Jill

September 12, 2014 at 7:33 pm

I LOVED this tea, as did my two older girls (4 and 3); and now that we are experiencing cold weather already in MN, I am going to stock up on ginger, honey, and lemon :)

6. Mike

July 20, 2014 at 7:14 am

The lemon is helpful in cleaning the arteries. In fact stopped my angina attacks in two weeks, so it does clean out the bad stuff for me. The honey will stop hardening of the arteries. IF you will buy “Local Honey” from your own area, it contains minute amounts of “Local Pollens” in your area, and when used regularly with build an immunity from “Local Allergies.” Wish you well!

7. Ruth Pinnell

July 13, 2012 at 8:15 am

we froze some in mini-popsicles – good for soothing a sore throat that needs cold rather than warmth.

• Jill

September 12, 2014 at 7:28 pm

Smart!

8. aleesha

May 22, 2012 at 8:19 pm

super good for soothing upset stomach and nausea

9. Dawn

April 27, 2012 at 9:42 pm

Wow! This was really good. And I hate ginger but this was delicious. I added mint to it also. My 2 year old drank it too. Hopefully this will knock out our colds.

10. Pingback: Mandelentzündung Haushaltsmittel

11. hives duration

December 15, 2011 at 5:47 am

Magnificent site. Plenty of useful info here. I am sending it to some friends ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thanks in your effort!

12. Hamza

November 26, 2011 at 3:16 pm

I can’t avoid the combination for now,but any side effects cos every evening a cup is part of my menu.

13. Rebeca @ The Average Parent

August 28, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I bet this would be great for morning sickness / upset tummies too!

14. missbarnhart

March 19, 2011 at 2:25 pm

Fabulous over-the-counter meds replacement to soothe sinuses and throat while pregnant with a cold.

15. Erina

October 5, 2010 at 1:51 pm

Also, the addition of some fresh mint would go great in this tea… Fresh mint not only adds flavor and vitamins, but is also a great tummy soother :)

16. Jennifer

October 4, 2010 at 7:16 pm

I love hot tea with honey and lemon when I’m sick. Always feels so good on my throat.

17. Pingback: Ginger Lemon Honey Tea | You Should Listen!

18. dudeguy

February 2, 2009 at 10:15 pm

It’s ok to have a comment.

19. Pingback: Anonymous