Stone fruit is all over the farmers market and I can't resist it! So many of my favorite dishes that I've been making recently are centered around peaches and nectarines and I have to say that today's recipe is one of my most favorite things I've ever made for weelicious. It's easy, simple and perfect for breakfast, as a snack or dessert.
The real trick is using ripe fruit that's super sweet and soft. Kenya and I both ate 3 helpings of this for dessert. I can't wait to go to the market this weekend and get more!
Baked Nectarines with Honey Yogurt Sauce (Serves 4)
- 2 Nectarines (or Peaches), halved and pitted
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- 4 Tbsp greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Pistachios, chopped
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place nectarines in a baking dish and squeeze with lemon juice.
3. Bake for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
4. Remove from oven and cool for several minutes.
5. Mix yogurt and honey together in a small bowl and spoon on top of each peach or nectarine.
6. Sprinkle with pistachios.