Just whisper the word "pizza" in our house and Kenya will look up from whatever he's doing with unbridled excitement in his eyes. Luckily, my 2 1/2 year old isn't picky about how or what his pizza is made with or on, so whether it's a weelicious portobello pizza or a slice from our local pizza joint with tons of veggies on top, he's game for anything.
Pita pizzas are the perfect recipe when you want something healthy to serve your kids, quick for you to prepare and not expensive for your budget. I can cook them up in minutes and everyone in our house feels like they’re getting a special meal. And now that Kenya's getting ready to head off to school for the first time, I guarantee these will be in the lunch box rotation!
We used these to make this recipe_
Pita Pizzas (Serves 4)
- 1 Cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/2 Tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 Tsp italian herbs
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Cup Mozzarella Cheese, grated
- 4 Whole Wheat Pita (I used mini pita from Trader Joes)
- 1/3 Cup Black Olives, sliced
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Place the first 4 ingredients in a bowl to combine.
3. Cover the pitas with 1/4 cup sauce, 1/4 cup cheese and slices of black olives.
4. Place on a foil lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
5. Cut and serve.