Roast chicken is my favorite comfort foods. I usually make it for our family at least twice a week. It's healthy, delicious, everyone in our house loves it, there's always plenty left over for lunch the next day and it only takes me a few minutes to prepare it for cooking. Still, as any family will tell you, eating the same thing night after night -- even your favorite, most comforting thing -- can get boring.
That's why we need to get creative. My advice for this recipe is to double it so you have plenty of leftovers to use in new dishes for the rest of the week. The recipes I'm going to post in the coming days utilize this Simple Roast Chicken as an ingredient. The goal is to make cooking easier and more efficient for you while also providing more mealtime variety, and less boredom, for your family. You'll be able to whip up all these dinners in a snap because you already have plenty of the main ingredient cooked and on hand. Stay tuned this week!
Simple Roast Chicken (Serves 4-6)
- 1 4 Lb Chicken
- 1/2 Small Lemon, cut in quarters
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled and smashed with the side of a knife
- 1 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
Preparation1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Line a sided sheet tray with foil.
3. Rinse the chickens well and pat dry.
4. Place chicken on the sheet tray, tuck the wings behind the chickens back.
5. Rub the chickens with olive oil, season inside and out with salt and tuck garlic and lemon quarters inside the chicken.
6. Bake for 1 hour.
7. Remove from oven and allow chicken to rest for 10 minutes.