Are you on the hunt for a delectable and convenient lunch option that caters to both kids and adults alike? Look no further! Chicken Pesto Wraps are the answer! These versatile wraps are not only a breeze to prepare but also offer a delicious blend of flavors that will leave the whole family satisfied.
Why You’ll Love Making Chicken Pesto Wraps
- Quick and Easy: Life can get busy, and spending hours in the kitchen might not be feasible. Chicken Pesto Wraps come to the rescue with their simplicity and speed. With minimal preparation, you can have a mouthwatering meal ready in no time.
- Flavor Explosion: We love pesto in our house, and that paired with juicy chicken, some extra veggies and wrapped up in a tortilla is a flavor combination that we can’t get enough of.
- Portable Convenience: Whether you’re headed to the office, a picnic or your child’s soccer game, these wraps are the epitome of convenience. Their compact size and neat packaging make them an excellent on-the-go choice.
- Kid-Friendly Allure: It’s no secret that kids can be picky eaters. However, the vibrant colors and familiar flavors in Chicken Pesto Wraps are likely to intrigue even the fussiest of eaters. You can also involve your little ones in the assembly process, allowing them to customize their wraps with their favorite ingredients.
- Cooked chicken
- Whole wheat tortilla wraps
- Fresh baby spinach
- Red bell pepper
- Medium sized carrot
How to Make Easy Chicken Pesto Wraps
- Make chicken pesto mixture: In a small bowl toss chicken with pesto just to coat.
- Add ingredients: Place 1 tortilla on a flat surface in front of you. Place 1/4 of the spinach onto the center of a tortilla and top with 1/4 of the peppers and carrots. Place 1/4 of the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Assemble wrap: Wrap up into a burrito and repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.
Substitutions & Additions
- Play with Pesto: While basil pesto is a classic choice, don’t hesitate to experiment with other types of pesto such as Hemp Seed Pesto, Kale Pesto, Pumpkin Seed Pesto, or Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto to create a unique twist. This adds an extra layer of flavors to play with.
- Veggie Varieties: Enhance the nutritional value of your wraps by incorporating a variety of colorful vegetables. While this recipe calls for sliced bell peppers and carrots, feel free to play around with other vegetables like cucumbers, avocado or tomatoes!
- Wrap Wonders: Swap out the whole wheat tortilla wrap for spinach or sun-dried tomato tortillas to enhance both taste and nutritional value.
- Leftover Chicken Hack: This is a perfect recipe for that leftover cooked chicken you have from dinner the night before. Or you can grab a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store to save you a step too!
Meal Prep Tip
Make Chicken in a Crock Pot and have tons juicy chicken for the week. Keep your favorite pesto frozen in these little glass containers so you can always have fresh pesto on hand to defrost and use in recipes like this one or even Chicken Pesto Pasta!
More Easy Recipes for Lunch
Images by Ivan Solis
Chicken Pesto Wraps
- 1 cup cooked and cubed chicken
- 4 tablespoons pesto
- 4 whole wheat tortilla wraps
- 1 cup fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced into thin sticks
- 1 medium carrot, sliced into thin sticks
- In a small bowl toss chicken with pesto just to coat.
- Place 1 tortilla on a flat surface in front of you. Place 1/4 of the spinach onto the center of a tortilla and top with 1/4 of the peppers and carrots.
- Place 1/4 of the chicken on top of the vegetables.
- Wrap up into a burrito and repeat with remaining tortillas and ingredients.