I've been waiting for months to share this potato tacos recipe (aka: Po-Tacos!) Weelicious Menus subscribers have been getting the opportunity to exclusively try some of my favorite new recipes before I bring them here to the Weelicious website, but man it's tough not to share them immediately as this is such a good one!
My friend, Joanna, and her family came up with the idea for this Potaco recipe and she sent me the greatest image of her devouring one (you can see it below). It's such a brilliant simple concept, using potato skins in lieu of shells or tortillas to make tacos. I mean, what's not to love about it? They're inexpensive and the filling possibilities are limitless_ pesto and Greek yogurt, chili, Lazy BBQ Chicken and sauce, and so much more! Most important, Potacos are a ton of fun to eat. Just see for yourself.
Forget taco shells or tortillas, it's all about Potacos!
Looks so good.. tastes even better!
PO-TACOS! (seves 4 )
- 4 sweet or russet potatoes
- <br> greek yogurt
- <b>Filling Ideas:</b> greek yogurt
- * pesto, greek yogurt and manchego cheese greek yogurt
- * chicken chili with cheddar cheese greek yogurt
- * refried beans, sour cream, and salsa greek yogurt
- * chicken with bbq sauce greek yogurt
1. Preheat the oven to 400F degrees.
2. Poke several holes in the sides of the potatoes, place on a baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 1 hour.
3. Slice the potatoes down the middle, scoop out half of the flesh, and fill with desired accompaniments.