This Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread turns one of your favorite nostalgic recipes and takes it from delicious to out of control incredible! Add it to school lunch for a fun treat, or make some with your kids after school to snack on while doing homework.
One of the first recipes I ever learned to make was a classic banana bread. To this day when I want to bring something to a sick friend, a mom with a new baby or someone I love, banana bread is always top of mind. On occasion I will add walnuts or chocolate chips to jazz it up a bit, but when I really want to take it to the next level I break up a batch of chocolate chip cookies into the batter for the ultimate surprise in every bite!
I usually keep a big batch of baked chocolate chip cookies labeled in zipper bags in the freezer, so I don’t have to make two full recipes from scratch for this Banana Chocolate Chip Bread. You could also go off the beaten path and try Oatmeal Raisin or Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookie. Top it with a dollop of fresh whipped cream, coconut whipped cream or vanilla ice cream and watch out as you blow everyone’s mind!
I gave a little twist to my favorite banana bread recipe my kids go bonkers for by adding white whole wheat flour for a little more nutrition. Pro tip: make sure to use ripe or spotty bananas as they make the Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread super soft and moist. But just wait! When you take a bite you’re going to lose your mind. A bite of banana bread and a piece of a chocolate chip cookie is pure heaven.
If you’re looking for more recipes for your ripe bananas check out 15 Ways to Use Ripe Bananas (And The Best Way to Freeze Them)! There are tons of ways to use them up, but Banana Bread definitely is in my top!
Let me know what you think about this recipe by tagging me on social media!
Banana Chocolate Chip Cookie Bread
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 small ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 large chocolate chip cookies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Place butter and sugar in the bowl of a standing mixer and cream together for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time, then bananas, milk and vanilla until combined.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the banana mixture followed by the chocolate chip cookies and mix until just combined making sure not to overly crush the cookies.
- Pour the batter into a greased 8.5 x 4.5 loaf pan and bake for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the bread to cool for 10 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack.
- * To freeze: Wrap the bread and then place in a labeled zipper bag for up to 3 months.