For a fun Valentine’s Day breakfast or brunch, make these Heart Shaped Pancakes! They’re a blast to make and a great way to get your kids involved in the kitchen.
I’m not sure if my kids like pancakes or foods cut into heart shapes better, so I combined the two in these Heart Shaped Pancakes. All you need is your favorite pancake mix and a bottle to dispense the batter and you’ll have super cute Valentine’s Day pancakes on the table in no time.
Trust me when I say they’re a ton of fun! I actually had to get the kids up for school in the morning at different times because without fail you’ll hear plenty of “it’s my turn, no my turn!” They love making these Heart Shaped Pancakes and I love watching them get excited about making something with me.
You can use Whole Wheat Pancake Batter, Gingerbread, Nutella, Pumpkin, or Red Beet Pancake Batter to make these little gems which are perfect served with maple syrup, honey or Raspberry Sauce on Valentine’s Day or any morning for your loved ones.
You don’t need cookie cutters that tend to make a big fat mess and possibly burn your hand in my experience for these either. The best part is that since they’re made free form you can get incredibly creative making this edible craft this Valentine’s Day. The more whimsical the better! You don’t have to be the best artist to make these cute pancakes.
Make these Heart Shaped Pancakes for your little ones for Valentine’s Day this year and get ready to see their eyes light up!
Heart Shaped Pancakes
- 1 batch pancake batter of choice (recipes linked below)
- 1 squeeze bottle with tip
- maple syrup, fresh berries, raspberry sauce, whipped cream, honey or any other desired toppings
- Pour pancake batter into large squeeze bottle. Make sure the tip is large enough for the pancake batter to come out.
- Over low to medium heat, gently grease your pan. Take squeeze bottle and draw a freeform heart from one end to the other and then fill in the shape. When the heart starts to bubble, flip and cook for 30-60 seconds.
- Serve with maple syrup, raspberry sauce, fresh berries or any topping you desire.