Cranberry Walnut Biscotti is a great edible holiday gift! Make a batch for you and your family and then one for your neighbor, friend, co-worker or even the hard working postal workers that are delivering all of our holiday gifts!
So popular was this recipe with my gang, I had to make a second batch by popular demand! With a hint of orange zest and vanilla, a crispy texture and sweet bites of dried cranberries, these biscotti are great to keep on hand or give as a gift (if you can handle parting with them). We make this crispy bread every year for gifts along with mini Persimmon Cakes, Cheese Wafers and Chocolate Orange Snaps.
They go great with your morning coffee or tea or as a late night snack. Maybe even make these delightful crisps for Santa this year! It’s a fun kid-friendly recipe that your little ones will love to help you with in the kitchen. The best part about the holidays is creating delicious recipes with your family so roll up your sleeves and make these! You won’t be disappointed.
I’m all about a recipe that you can customize, so just because this is Cranberry Walnut Biscotti doesn’t mean you can’t use chopped pecans instead of walnuts or dried date and figs instead of cranberries. Feel free to experiment! And of course let me know how it goes. I love hearing when you make a weelicious recipe your own!
Cranberry Walnut Biscotti is the perfect combination of crispy crunchy texture and sweet and tart cranberries. You won’t be able to get enough of these little treats. We can’t wait to make these this holiday season (and beyond!). What are you and your family making this holiday season? Let me know if biscotti is on your list!
Cranberry Walnut Biscotti
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 3 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 375 F and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or standing mixer, beat eggs, oil, sugar, orange zest, vanilla and almond extract for 1 minute until combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour and baking powder and slowly add to the egg mixture in small increments until you form a stiff dough.
- Fold in walnuts and cranberries and thoroughly combine.
- Divide the dough in half and form each half into a log (about the length of the width of the cookie sheet). Place a piece of parchment paper on top of the log and flatten with a rolling pin to about 1/2 inch thick and about 4-5 inches wide.
- Place flattened logs onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the baking sheet and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- When cool, slice the bread crosswise into 1/2 inch slices and place them back onto the cookie sheet cut-side down.
- Bake each side for 7-10 minutes or until slices are lightly toasted.
- Cool and serve.