Summer is right around the corner, and our calendars are already filling up! During the hot summer months, quick and easy is the name of the game when it comes to dinnertime. Sheet pan dinners are exactly what I’m going for this time of year.
Head to your farmers market and pick out all your favorite veggies to throw onto this Summer Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner! Everything cooks together on one baking sheet so clean up is a breeze! If you meal prep and chop everything on Sunday then your weeknight dinner job will be even easier.
This dinner has it all in one: protein, vegetables, carbohydrates, and lots of flavor! If you want to round out the meal or if you need more dishes to serve for a dinner party I love to add a Summer Garden Salad and a crusty loaf of bread.
Summer Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless
- 1 pound baby potatoes, halved
- 1/2 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 small red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- black pepper, optional
- Preheat oven to 425F degrees.
- Toss all the vegetable in a large bowl with olive oil and half the amount of salt, garlic powder and onion powder called for. Place on a baking sheet.
- In the same bowl you used for the vegetables add the chicken breasts and toss with olive oil and the remaining seasonings. Add to the sheet pan with the vegetables and roast for 30 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.