My anxiety level started to rise this week when I received invitations for Kenya and Chloe’s back to school swim parties. Are we already going back to school?! Luckily we’re still a few weeks out, so I have plenty of time to start thinking about the Ultimate Back to School Party Platter! I guarantee if you show up at a family friendly event with one of these beauties you’re going to be very popular (or at least known as being on the ball) with other parents.
Many weekends this summer I’ve been making huge party platters like this one because as much fun as they are to eat, I love getting creative putting them together. We love sitting around the pool nibbling, swimming and playing until every single bite disappears. It keeps everyone’s belly full with nutritious foods so you don’t have to turn on a hot oven, so you can spend more time playing. The best part is that it’s absolutely gorgeous, so it will be a conversation piece as well. I like to place all kinds of seasonal fruits and vegetables like grapes, strawberries, blueberries, bell peppers, carrots, cucumbers and more and serve them with red beet or roasted carrot hummus and bread or crackers.
While you’re taking pictures of your gorgeous Ultimate Back to School Party Platter make sure to tag @weelicious so we can see your work of art!
Ultimate Back to School Party Platter
- mini babybel cheese
- fresh fruit (strawberries, grapes, melons, etc)
- fresh veggies (baby carrots, sugar snap peas, cucumbers, etc)
- hummus and other dips
- crackers, breadsticks
- olives, pickles, roasted red bell peppers
- Place the Mini Babybel cheese on a large serving platter or cutting board.
- Chop the fruits and veggies into bite sized pieces and arrange decoratively around the board along with the remaining ingredients.