What are you sending to school with your little Valentines? I’m making my kids this fun heart-filled lunch!
Red Beet Hummus with Heart-Shaped Chips
Use a small cookie cutter to cut the pita bread and tortilla, then toast in a 350F degree oven for 8-10 minutes, until crisp.
Raspberries and Pomegranate Seeds
Nut-Free Strawberry Energy Bites (recipe below)
Yogurt Covered Raisins and Dye-Free Chocolate Candies
V-Day School Lunch + Nut-Free Strawberry Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor with 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil.
2. Process the mixture on high, it will take some time, be patient until it becomes a paste and forms a ball
3. If the mixture looks dry add the second spoon of coconut oil. It depends a little on how much oil is released from the sunflower seeds.
4. Use a small scooper or spoon to portion into balls. Make sure you’re working the dough so it activates the coconut.