Finding a holiday side dish that everyone loves isn’t always easy. Since the holidays normally require a lot of cooking, I try to come up with recipes that don’t take up additional oven space, but are still easy to make, look festive and will be enjoyed by adults and kids alike.
Traditional Waldorf Salad gets its signature sweet and crunch from the array of fruits, nuts and celery in it, but my recipe is a lot more healthy than a lot of the ones you’ll find that usually include large amounts of mayonnaise. This version has the lightest dressing that coats everything and is sure to be gobbled up by your crowd!
- 1/2 Cup Celery, chopped (about 2 stalks)
- 2 Granny Smith Apples, peeled and cubed
- 1/2 Cup Grapes, halved or quartered depending on size
- 1/4 Cup Dried Cranberries, chopped
- 1/4 Cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp mayonnaise (or vegan mayonnaise)
- 1/4 Cup Plain Yogurt (I use 0% Greek Yogurt)
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tsp honey
- 1/4 Tsp kosher salt
- Combine the first 5 ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir the remaining ingredients in a separate bowl until combined and pour over the apple mixture.
- Stir until the fruits and nuts are evenly coated.