Raise your hand if you know someone who’s under the weather right now! These winter bugs seem to almost always start with the kids. Then they rub their sweet germs all over you and before you know it the whole house goes down! If you want to heal naturally, drink plenty of fluids and get as many of the right nutrients as you can in your body as FAST as possible! This super charged Wellness Lunch will have you back on your feet in no time flat, and if you’re fortunate enough to be feeling great, it’s still a perfect lunch to keep you feeling that way!
* Baked Sweet Potato (beta carotene + vitamin A, an immune-boosting nutrient which helps the body produce virus-fighting white blood cells and keep mucous membranes healthy), extra virgin olive oil (fatty acids)+ cinnamon (antioxidant + anti inflammatory)
* Roast Carrot Hummus: carrots (beta carotene), garlic (superfood immune booster + decongestant) almond butter (protein helps build antibodies to strengthen your immune system)
* Fennel & Red Pepper Slices: fennel (decongestant), red pepper (high in vitamin C)
* Ginger Lemon Honey Tea (breaks up chest congestion and coats your sore throat)
* Cara Cara, Blood + Navel Oranges: high in vitamin C
* Blueberries: antioxidants, rich in vitamin C
* Broccoli: protein, vitamins A,C,B6
What are you eating to stay well?