Guacamol-wee

Guacamol-wee Baby Food from Weelicious

Since Kenya started eating solids, whenever he sees an avocado he lets out a little squeal of joy. I can just say the word "avocado" and he will look up at me excited. Even when he's got a cold or just feels under the weather, few foods sound or look appealing to him, but the avocado is his comfort food.

My husband could happily eat a huge bowl of guacamole for breakfast, lunch and dinner and be satisfied. I figured that the apple wouldn't fall far from the tree and it didn't. Both of my boys love this guacamol-wee recipe.

This fruit, yes, avocado is actually a fruit, is an excellent source of unsaturated fatty acids and has a higher proportion of good fat than any other food except olives. Avocados contribute nearly 20 vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients, including 4% of the recommended Daily Value (DV) for vitamin E, 4% vitamin C, 8% folate, 4% fiber, 2% iron, 4% potassium, with 81 micrograms of lutein and 19 micrograms of beta-carotene. All important nutritional building blocks for your baby. Also, did you know that avocados have 60% more potassium then bananas and they're fiber content is higher than any other fruit? This recipe will be a total winner with your baby.

Guacamol-wee Baby Food from Weelicious

We used these to make this recipe:

Guacamol-wee  (makes 1/2 cup)

• 1 avocado
  • 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 1/4 of a tomato, seeded and chopped
  • 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro

1. 1. Cut the avocado in half. Use a chefs knife to pull the pit out.
  2. 2. Scoop the flesh out and place all the ingredients in a food processor and puree.
Guacamol-wee

Comments

1. karen

May 23, 2013 at 12:14 pm

How long will this keep in the fridge?

May 23, 2013 at 12:59 pm

About 3 days!

• karen

May 23, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Is it normal for the outer layer of the puree to go darker?
        Just hoping I made it right.
        Thanks for your help :o)

May 24, 2013 at 11:37 am

Yes, it can turn a little dark! You can combat that by placing parchment paper directly onto the puree before storing it, and make sure to store in an air-tight container!

2. Pingback: 3 easy recipes for Cinco de Mayo | My Family Blog

3. Pingback: sick new songs including electro and dubstep

4. Christina

February 27, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I’ve been following your site for a while and I love it! I’m now pregnant with my 3rd little one so I’m re-reading your puree recipes. One question, can things (like this recipe) with avocado’s in it be frozen? I realize this is a really simple recipe and doesn’t need to be frozen, but I don’t use regular tomatos for much (love the grape ones for snacking though!) so I’m afraid the left over tomato will go bad before I use it again. So, if I could quadruple the recipe and use a whole tomato, that would be great! That’s why I’m wondering if it would freeze well. Thanks for all you do!

5. Pingback: Food Friday Featuring Big Kid Guacamole by Weelicious - Child Mode

6. Pingback: Nachos | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food and recipes for the entire family!

7. Pingback: One Family. One Meal. | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food and recipes for the entire family!

8. Pingback: Tortilla Wraps | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food and recipes for the entire family!

9. Pingback: Fish Tacos | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food (and now for big kids too!)

10. babyletsshop

December 22, 2008 at 8:34 pm

I was wondering if you can freeze this and it if it would still be edible? I’m assuming yes but I thought I would ask the expert. :)

11. Pingback: Black Bean Cakes | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food (and now for big kids too!)