Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce

This is a perfect first food for a little one. I've been making it for Kenya since he started eating solids, but for some reason I forgot to put my recipe on weelicious. Applesauce is THE baby food standard. Inexpensive, healthy, sweet and complementary to so many other fruits and
vegetables, apples should be one of the stars in your babies diet.

Full of vitamin C and fiber, you can make sauce from almost any kind of apple you can find, although Fuji's and Gala apples are especially sweet and
delicious.

I add a touch of cinnamon just to give it a little zip, but you could easily leave it out. Why spend more money buying jarred when you can make this in minutes?!

We used these to make this recipe:

Apple Sauce  (6 Baby Servings)

• 1 apples, peeled and chopped into large chunks
  • 1/8 teaspoons cinnamon

1. 1. Place apples in a steamer pot over boiling water.
  2. 2. Cook for 2-3 minutes or until fork tender.
  3. 3. Place apples and cinnamon in a food processor and puree until smooth.
  4. 4. Cool and serve.
Apple Sauce

Comments

1. Natalie

August 24, 2014 at 9:32 pm

I would love recipes for my 6 month old daughter! It would help me and my husband out tremendously!

2. Jenny fracalosy

January 23, 2014 at 12:43 pm

Love all the recipes!

3. LindaDF

November 11, 2013 at 10:40 am

Simple, natural, and delicious! Thank you.

4. Joni

May 22, 2013 at 4:01 pm

If you want to add other fruits to this applesauce like you buy in the squeeze pouches, do you have to cook them too? I’m thinking of blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, and pears.

5. MrsVasquez

April 5, 2013 at 9:33 am

Just made this for our little one last night. He loved it and we tried a spoon and loved it too. Very yummy! I had gotten a recipe for apple sauce from somewhere else and it wasn’t good and he didn’t like it at all. He was more then happy to eat this apple sauce though. Thanks for the great recipe :-)

6. Lili

January 27, 2013 at 3:01 am

And cinnamon isn’t harmful to the kid?

January 28, 2013 at 12:59 am

Most pediatricians recommend waiting until about 8 months to introduce herbs and spices to babies! Whatever age you choose to do so, if they’re new to solids then you should follow the “3-4 day wait” rule between introducing new foods!

• andraya29

January 27, 2013 at 6:04 pm

Lili-
      From what I have read, most pediatricians advise that you can introduce herbs and spices to baby around 8 months.

7. Jackie

December 21, 2012 at 5:13 am

New mom starting 6month old son on solids. Thank you for the recipes

8. Pingback: Perth search engine optimisation

9. Pingback: Make Your Own: Applesauce | Baby In The Kitchen

10. Tara

August 12, 2010 at 3:25 pm

Was thinking of making a large batch of this and freezing some. Do you know if it freezes well?

• Allyson

August 19, 2010 at 7:10 pm

I’ve made a similar apple sauce for my little one and freeze.

11. Pingback: Mashed Potato Cakes | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Home Made Baby Food Babyfood Recipes, Toddler Food and recipes for the entire family!

12. Pingback: Sweet Potato Latkes | Weelicious ™ - Fast, Easy & Fresh Homemade Baby Food Babyfood Recipes