I've had this Chocolate Tofu Pudding recipe on weelicious for a long time, but when I sat down to come up with Halloween recipes, I couldn't resist adapting this one slightly to be a special holiday party treat. My husband and I both have fond memories of growing up eating Bill Cosby's favorite dessert_ Jell-O brand chocolate pudding. It was delicious, but full of sugar, sodium coloring and preservatives.
We wanted our kid's to form their own chocolate pudding memories, we just wanted to offer them something more natural and healthy. That's partly what inspired me to come up with this recipe. The best part is that you can get your little ones involved with every step. They can help put all of the ingredients into the blender, fill the pots with the delicious, rich chocolate pudding and then, make them Halloween ready by adding the "dirt", "bugs", "worms" and any other fun, creepy, and edible things you find. Let your kids improvise and make their dessert as spooky and sweet as they want before goblin it all up! This year, have a delicious (and healthy) HalloWEEn!
Chocolate Tofu Pudding Pots (Serves 4)
- 1 14 Oz Package Soft Silken Tofu (I like House Foods soft silken or Mori-Nu firm silken)
- 1/3 Cup Pure Cocoa Powder
- 1/3 Cup Agave Nectar (feel free to use a little more if you want it sweeter)
- 1 Tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 24 Chocolate Wafers (I like using Famous Chocolate Wafers)
- Gummy Worms (I know, it’s candy. If you think of a healthier “worm” substitute, go for it. Or, you can leave them out altogether.)
- 4 Small Clay Flower Pots
Preparation1. Place the first 4 ingredients in a food processor and blend to combine.
2. Scrape down the sides of the food processor and blend again to make sure everything is incorporated.
3. Place 4 whole chocolate wafers in the bottom of the clay pots so none of the pudding goes through the hole at the bottom of the pots.
4. Divide the chocolate tofu pudding between the 4 pots.
5. Place the remaining 20 wafers in a ziploc bag and using a rolling pin, crush into small pieces resembling dirt.
6. Sprinkle the crushed wafers on top of the pots and place the gummy worms in the pots.