After two weeks of testing what seemed like an endless number of mouthwatering ideas from our holiday recipe contest and being in the impossible position of having to narrow them down to the five best (you submitted so many incredible recipes, it makes me sad we can’t recognize more), I finally get to announce the winners! In the final selection, I took many different criteria into consideration. Most important was taste, but a recipe that I believe will be appealing to eaters both young and old was also high on my list. The five recipes I’m going to announce over the course of this week passed the tests with flying colors. So, with no further ado, today’s winner is….
Tanya Warburton came in 5th place for her unbelievably delicious Basil Pesto Cheesecake, which both of my kids (and my husband) devoured! Tanya, I hope you and your family will enjoy your prize, a Laptop Lunches Lunchbox. Congratulations, Tanya!
Basil Pesto Cheesecake
- 1 Tbsp butter, melted
- 2 Tbsp breadcrumbs or panko
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup or 1- 8oz block Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Brush a 6-inch spring form pan, 8×8-baking dish, or pie pan with 1 tbsp of melted butter.
- In a small bowl, combine Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs and coat the buttered dish with the mixture.
- In a separate bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until smooth and pour into the dish.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes until the center is set.
- Allow to cool before cutting and/or releasing cheesecake from the spring form.
- Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve with sliced baguette or crackers.