As you may be able to tell from weelicious, I’m a huge fan of potatoes. They’re inexpensive and nutritious, and babies and toddlers, in my experience, love them.
When I was little, potato salad was one of my favorite foods. It’s really easy to make and even more delicious to eat. Potatoes are a great staple food because they’re packed with fiber, potassium, vitamins B6 and C. At our local farmers market, there is a stand that sells all kinds of different potatoes year-round. Blue, white rose, yukon gold, you name it, they have it. I thought it would be fun to make a salad with different color tubers. The eye appeal of food can be a big selling point for little ones and this colorful treat is a hit in my house.
Blue and White Potato Salad
- 1 Blue Potato, cubed
- 1 White or Yellow Potato, cubed
- 1 Tbsp yogurt
- 1 Tbsp Vegannaise or Mayonnaise
- 1 Tsp Dill, chopped
- Place the potatoes in a steamer pot over boiling water and cook for 3-4 minutes or until fork tender.
- Mix the yogurt, vegannaise and dill in a bowl.
- Once the potato had cooled, place them in a bowl and add the yogurt sauce.